Z-Edge Dash Cams are rated by some as one of the top 5 dash cams to purchase. Check this out to see the best buy for Z-Edge dash cams on Amazon at a glance!
Like we said, Z-Edge Dash Cams are rated among the top 5 dash cams to purchase. However, there are several Z-Edge Dash Cams to choose from. Now that could be good or it could be bad.
It’s good in the sense that you have choices but those choices can bring about a bit of rumination; you wasting time trying to figure out which one you should get. Ain’t that the truth.
Please note that these dash cams are for cars, not your truck, RV or a vehicle of that type. So if you are driving that type of vehicle, this is not the dash cam you want. So don’t go and get yourself one of these dash cams then complain they don’t fit or work properly on your truck or RV, okay?
Alright, enough small talk, let’s get straight to the matter at hand; what’s the best Z-Edge Dash Cam to buy on Amazon.
So we’ve taken the liberty to narrow it down for you. We’ve made it super easy so that you can see what’s the best buy at a glance, for these Z-Edge dash cams. If you’re an Amazon shopper, we think you’ll appreciate this.
Okay, so we looked at seven (7) Z-Edge dash cams listed on Amazon and their respective customer reviews. Yes there are more than seven (7) Z-Edge dash cams on Amazon but we left out the ones that had a rating of less than 70% 4 to 5 star cumulative customer rating. So all we are looking at here are Z-Edge dash cams with a cumulative 4 to 5 star rating of 70% and above.
What we found is that the Z-EDGE Z4 2K Dash Cam has the best rating overall; Customer rating of 4.5 out of 5 Stars.
Check out the Table below and you’ll see the summary of what we found.
Z-Edge Dash Cams: The Best Buy at a Glance
Z-Edge Dash Cams Reviews & Ratings
At first glance, the Z-Edge Z3 3″ dash cam seems to be pretty popular on Amazon. As of this date, there were over 2100 customer reviews. Sounds good right? But check this out. Even though the cumulative 4 to 5 reviews adds up to 73%, the overall customer rating is just 3.8 stars out of 5.
While we don’t recommend you head in that direction, it’s still your choice. Some people go against the customer reviews and that’s understandable. They are most likely thinking that they just might get a better user experience and truth be told, they just might. But some people have actually had regrets going against customer reviews.
Now if you look closely at the Table, you’ll notice that the Z-Edge S2, Z-Edge 2 Pro dual dash cam, Z-Edge S3, Z-Edge S4 dual dash cam, and the Z-Edge Z4 with the Ambarella chip, all have a better cumulative 4 to 5 star rating than the Z-Edge 3. At the time of writing this article, the upgraded Z-Edge Z3 did not have any customer reviews.
Although the Z-Edge Z4 has less customer reviews, it seems to have a much better customer experience thus far; 91% 4 to 5 star cumulative rating with a 4.5 rating out of 5 stars. So clearly this Z-Edge Z4 dash cam seems to be doing what it was designed to do and that’s what you want; a product that’s functioning.
But pump your brakes there for a second Kemosabe, because we should still take a look at why some people did not have a good user experience.
As similar as they might be, all products aren’t created equally. Sometimes you get a lemon, know what I mean? But even so, good rating or not, you still need to know why some people were disappointed with their purchase of the Z-Edge Z4 dash cam.
Z-Edge Z4 Product Description at a glance
Z-EDGE Z4 2K Dash Cam, Super HD 2560×1080 Dashboard Camera Recorder with Ambarella Chip,
- 2.7″ HD display screen
- 16GB TF Card Included,
- HDR & Night Vision,
- 150° Wide Angle,
- Loop Recording,
- G-Sensor and Parking Monitor
- Ultra 2k HD Image Quality
- Different video recording modes for resolutions
- One button photo capture, emergency video recording, video protect, and audio recording
- DIY Quick and easy installation for anyone
- Secure suction cup mount with a quick release mechanism (if you want to take it with you).
- Simultaneous video recording and photo capture at 16M pixels
- Automatic motion/crash/vibration detection and recording
- Automatic device on/off with engine on/off (when no power detected)
- Supports multiple languages.
What Customers are saying about the Z-Edge Z4 dash cams
Okay, so the product description definitely gives you an idea as to why some people love it, especially the fact that it’s easy to install. But here’s what some people had to say otherwise about the Z-Edge Z4 dash cam:
- The super night vision was not so super (black screen)
- Motion detection did not run in “off” mode as suggested in the manual
- Stops recording while in motion (defeats the purpose of a dash cam, that’s for sure)
So overall, functionality was the issue here with some of these dash cams. Even though the Z-Edge Z4 dash cam has just about 41 reviews (to date), it seems like it’s turning out to be a great purchase thus far.
Feel free to drop us a line in the comment section and let us know what you think about it. But you can still check it out on Amazon if you so desire.
What we also want to point out to you here is that the Z-Edge Z4 is not a dual dash cam. Why should that matter, right?
Well, let’s face it, stuff happens in front as well as behind you when you’re on the road. So if you are looking for the best Z-Edge dual dash, that would be the Z-Edge S4. It’s got 226 customer reviews thus far, a cumulative 4 to 5 star rating of 84% and a 4.3 out 5 star rating. Now that’s a winner right there!
See Product on Amazon (Buy Product on Amazon) or Insert Ad
Z-Edge S4 Product Description at a glance
Product name: Z-EDGE S4 Dual Dash Cam, 4.0 Inch IPS Ultra HD 1440P Front & 1080P Rear
- Dual lens dash camera with simultaneous recording front and rear in Full HD – 1920x1080P at 30FPS
- Front and rear ultrawide 150-degree viewing angle
- 360° Rotated Rear View Camera
- 4.0-inch IPS display screen with PiP display
- Sticks directly to your windshield for optimal field-of-view
- Easy installation – fully adjustable tilt up and down
- Quick release front camera mount
- Replacement 3M adhesive mount included
- Records automatically with vehicle ignition
- Built-in 600mAh battery, which enables 30mins recording without power input
- Built-in G-sensor/accelerometer triggers crash vibration recording
- Parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle
- Night vision
- Technology for light/dark spots and balances exposure
- Reduced glare and superior video quality
- Reliable performance in extreme hot and cold conditions
- 19.6-feet USB cable
- 32GB Card Included
- Supports TF/micro SD cards up to 128GB
- Dual port USB car adapter included
- 30 days money back guarantee – 18 months warranty – lifetime support
Complaints about the Z-Edge S4 Dual Dash Cam
Common complaints with the Z-Edge S4 dual dash cam included the following:
- Setup instructions could use some work; instructions are way too basic.
- Don’t affix to your windshield until you know that everything is working well.
- Malfunctioning product
Okay so how should you go about addressing these issues.
Malfunctioning of the product is not new. In fact, there are defective dash cams across the board, regardless of the brand name. So it seems like product manufacturing is an issue across the board. That’s one reason we don’t look at products with a 3.5 out of 5 star rating.
Even so, receiving a defective product is an easy fix. Keep in mind, you’ve got a 30-day money back guarantee. So if you purchased your Z-Edge dash cam on Amazon, and it did not function appropriately, then simply send it back for a properly functioning one or a refund.
As far as not affixing anything to your windscreen before you know how it works, I’d say that’s standard advice for anything and anyone. It’s like hanging a picture on your wall. You’re not going to arbitrarily put the command strips wherever and hope that your picture looks straight when you hang it.
You go through the process to make sure it hangs correctly on your wall. So you need to go through the same process to ensure that your dash cam is working properly before installing it.
You also want to keep in mind that this dual dash cam has a 84% appreciation attached to it. That means that 16% (1-3 raters), about 14 people didn’t appreciate the product but 212 people did thus far!
Overall, the Z-Edge S4 Dual Dash has a higher customer rating that the Z-edge Z2 Pro Dual dash Cam as well as the Z-Edge S3 Dual Dash Cam. So as far as Z-Edge Dash Cams go, you’ve got some good choices. From the info-graphic you can clearly see at a glance, what your best choices are based on customer reviews.
We recommend you buy the dash cam that you feel comfortable purchasing and one that easily fits your budget. The cool thing about buying it from Amazon, means you’ll get speedy delivery, so you can hook this baby up! So check them out below!